Employment OpportunitiesPUBLIC SAFETY CADET (Part-Time)
The Grand Haven Department of Public Safety has a current opening for a Public Safety Cadet. This part-time, non-licensed position is designed for college students currently enrolled in a criminal justice program. Because this position is intended as a practical experience to supplement education, the cadet will cease to be employed upon college graduation. The primary responsibility of this position will be enforcement of parking ordinances. Additional duties may also include assignment in administrative and clerical activities such as record-keeping, taking of telephone messages, computer data entry and citizen inquires.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Graduation from High School
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to walk for an entire shift
- Ability to firmly and impartially enforce parking regulations
- Ability to deal courteously with the public and the interpersonal skills to work effectively with co-workers
- Good communication skills
- Possession of a current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a motorcycle endorsement
Persons interested may obtain a City of Grand Haven Application for Employment and a complete job description at Human Resources in City Hall. Please submit your resume along with your application to Lieutenant Glenn Bo, Grand Haven Public Safety, 525 Washington Ave., Grand Haven, MI 49417 by 5:00pm on Friday May 2, 2014.
The City of Grand Haven does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Work Place