GHDPS has a number of forms and permits, some of which are available on line. Please view the following list in an effort to locate the form/permit you are seeking. In the event you are unable to locate it here, we invite you to contact our agency during regular business hours, 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday thorugh Friday, at (616) 842-3460.
FOIA (request an incident report)
Weapon Purchase Permits are not available on line, however, you may apply in person at GHDPS, 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday, by doing the following:
1. Be a resident of the City of Grand Haven
2. Have a valid Michigan Driver's License or State issued picture ID
3. Have no felony convictions
4. Be at least 21 years old (purchase from a licensed dealer), or be at least 18 years old (purchase from an individual)
5. Be a U.S. citizen or have legal residence in this country/state
If you have any questions regarding the purchase or possession of a handgun, you may call the Grand Haven Department of Public Safety Records Bureau at (616)842-3460, or contact the Michigan State Police Central Records at (517)322-5518. There is no charge for the permit itself, however there is a $10.00 notary fee.
To obtain information on obtaining a Concealed Weapons Permit, please contact the Ottawa County Sheriff Department at (616)738-4000, or visit miottawa.org.
Grand Haven Public Safety | 525 Washington Avenue | Grand Haven, MI 49417 | p: 616.842.3460 | f: 616.847.6050 | email@example.com