The City of Grand Haven produces an annual wall calendar that has become a staple of City life in Grand
Haven. The calendar shares information about City services, lists all public meetings, and displays the
dates of many special events and festivals throughout the year.
In 2020 the focus will be “Beach Life.” City residents and visitors are asked to submit a photograph of
a setting that reflects “Beach Life” in Grand Haven. We will be looking for photos taken throughout the
seasons, so be creative! In addition to our natural scenic beach life and beautiful sunsets year-round,
we have many fun events coming up that will present some great photo opportunities; such as, the kite
festival, sailboat races, soccer tournaments, beach vault, salmon tournaments, sand sculpture contest,
and the Coast Guard Festival. The deadline for submissions is August 12, 2019.
How To Submit Your Photo
1. PHOTO REQUIREMENTS:
To be eligible, each photo is to be:
• Taken in a landscape (horizontal) format;
• High resolution; set your device to the highest resolution and send as original resolution. Final
cropping and sizing will be done by the graphic designer for best printing quality;
• Submitted in a jpg format;
• Taken at a recognizable location in the City of Grand Haven (In addition to the City Beach, “Beach” includes the Pier, Lighthouse & State Park.) Please describe or name the location.
Photos will not be accepted if they do not meet these requirements.
2. SUBMISSION INFORMATION:
Please submit ONLY ONE PHOTO at a time when submitting by email. All submissions must be received
by August 12. You may submit your photo by A.) emailing Mary Angel or
B.) send a flash drive to: City Manager’s Office City of Grand Haven, 519 Washington Avenue, Grand
Haven, MI 49417. You will receive a confirmation after your submission. Please email Mary or call
(616) 847-4888 with any questions. The following information must be included with each submission:
• Photographer’s Full Name, Mailing Address, Email address, and Phone number
The Mayor and City Staff will review all submissions and select the winning photographs to fill the pages
of the 2020 calendar.