Reservations, Deposit, and Cancellations
- Reservations may be arranged through the Community Center office by calling 842-2550. Reservations must be made by individuals over 18 years old.
- A deposit of one-half of the rental fee is required at the time an event is scheduled. The balance will be required on e month prior to the event.
- Deposits will be fully refunded if the cancellation occurs 90 days or more prior to the event and the room can be reserved with another comparable event.
- Events cancelled from 90-30 days of the scheduled event will forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- Events cancelled 29 days or less prior to the event will forfeit full deposit.
- No tapping or tacking on walls, ceilings or surfaces in any of the rooms, gallery or atrium. Confetti and glitter are not allowed on the tables.
- All candles are required to have glass globes or hurricane lamps. No open flames are allowed.
- All beverage service must end one half hour before the end of the scheduled event.
- The facility closes at mid-night.
- Beverages must be dispensed by an insured beverage service.
- All alcoholic beverages must be consumed inside the building.
- Events serving alcohol require an additional $100 cleaning fee.
- Room Amenities
- Tables and chairs are included in the cost of the room rental.
- A portable dance floor is optional.
- Additional amenities; such as, portable bar, linens, table service, audio visual equipment, etc. are available at an additional fee.
- A special hearing loop is built into the facility.
- Handicapped seating will be available in the Acacia Auditorium in the summer of 2008.
- The Community Center reserves the right to inspect and control all functions. Liability for and damage to the premise will be the responsibility of and charged to the sponsoring person or organization.
- The Community Center will not assume responsibility for the damage or loss of any merchandise or articles left in the facility.
- Arrangements for the security of exhibits, merchandise or articles set up for display can be made prior to the event.
NO SMOKING WITHIN 25 FEET OF ENTRANCES, WINDOWS OR VENTILATION SYSTEM.
A detailed list of guidelines is outlined on the reservation application, which is available by calling the Community Center office at 616-842-2550.
Accepting Bids, RFPs & Quotes
Board of Light and Power
Boards & Commissions
Charter & Ordinances
Government Meeting Schedules
Press Releases & Local Publications
Sustainability & Environmental
Title VI Non-Discrimination